Can't Wait for St. Patrick's Day 2013 in Ithaca, NY!

It's nearly March 17th. One of my favorite days of the year. As you may have guessed, I'm Irish. It was one of my Dad's favorite days of the year, too. While I was in college he always sent me a few bucks for St. Patrick's Day. The card always read, "Here's a little pocket money for the day. Miss you." No need to mention which day. We both knew. He would occasionally miss my birthday, but he never, never missed St. Patrick's Day. It was important since we lived far apart that we each raise a glass at the same time that day and have a beer together- even if I was in Boston or Ithaca and he was in D.C.  The tradition continues here at Rogues' even though Dad's been gone for many years.
We'll have lots and lots of beer on hand. All of our own craft brews along with Guinness, Harp, Cortland's Industrial IPA...I think our Cayuga Cream Ale goes best with Corned Beef and Cabbage. But, we did offer pairing suggestions on our specials menu for both Saturday, March 16 and Sunday March 17. It's too great a celebration to confine to one day. Corned Beef and Cabbage is a must. In case that's not your fav, we also will be offering Finger Lakes Beef Stew, Irish Nachos and my favorite Guinness Chocolate Pudding. It's a dark chocolate pudding made with Guinness; it even looks like a mini pint of Guinness when we add the whipped cream on top.
Join us. Raise a glass on this fine day. Everyone is honorary Irish at least one day of the year, and this we wish for you,

Popular posts from this blog

The Corner Pub at Rogues is Open!!!

New Entry at the Inn

One of Our Winter Projects