Father's Day Dinner at the Rogues' Harbor Inn

Father's Day is a bitter sweet holiday for me. I lost my Dad several years before I rescued the Inn, or before it rescued me. The Rogues' Harbor Inn was in rough shape, but I liked the old place and the location- Ithaca, the Heart of the Finger Lakes, Cornell University, Cayuga Wine Trail, gorges & water falls,...and over the past 15 years with much love and many renovations the Inn has come back to life. But, my father was on my mind when I opened the Inn, especially the pub. The pub encompasses his three favorite things in life.
1. wine (beer in his case), women & song, 2. steak, and 3. history.
Rogues' is really my Dad's kind of place. He loved American history; he taught it for 30 years. He would have thought that the Rogues' Harbor Inn receiving National Landmark status was best thing to happen since my birth. He would still be researching the Inn's involvement in the Underground Railroad if he were here- while drinking a pint. On second thought, maybe the opening of our own micro brewery, the Rogues' Harbor Brewing Company would have been the best thing to come along since Daddy's little girl... I think our own Cayuga Cream Ale would have been his favorite.
We will be serving up some dinner specials with Dad & a pint of beer in mind this coming Sunday, June 19 from 3 till 9 pm, rain or shine, inside or outside. It's Dad's Day.

Fish Chowder
2.50 & 3.50

Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Shrimp Appetizer
3 large shrimp cheddar stuffed & bacon wrapped 7.00


Fried Gator Tail:
lightly battered alligator tail, deep fried and served
with a Cajun remoulade sauce, French fries & coleslaw 21.00


Mushroom Smothered Delmonico:
12 oz steak grilled and smothered with sautéed wild mushrooms,
bacon & onions 22.00


Guinness Pudding:
homemade pudding with bittersweet chocolate and Guinness Stout beer
topped with whipped cream (looks just like a little pint of draught) 4.95


I think my Dad would have had the bacon & Cheddar shrimp appetizer with the Delmonico steak and a pint of Cayuga Cream Ale. So whether you'll be spending the day with your Dad in person or in spirit, remember this Sunday is his day.

Popular posts from this blog

The Corner Pub at Rogues is Open!!!

New Entry at the Inn

One of Our Winter Projects